Here's Abel sitting in his high chair. I just put him in it for the first time today. How precious is that face! I actually got this high chair at the garage sale Robin hosted for us in September to fundraiser for Abel. It was my friend Katie Gleason's when she was a baby and her mom made that cool high chair pad that's on the back. I love that this high chair has some history!
Abel seems to be back to normal. He has not had fever at all yesterday or today. We have an appointment this coming Friday with a Pediatric Urologist. Hopefully we will know more after that appointment. I am sure he'll be ordering tests on little Abel's "business" (aka...his plumbing)
We've enjoyed a beautiful day outside today. Ted did yard work and the kids played outside. Abel even sat outside for a little while. He sun bathed all the time in Ethiopia so I am sure he was loving sitting outside.
Yesterday the Beelers came over. I had not seen Maya in almost a week. I was missing little Maya and her mommy and daddy too. Ted and Josh really haven't been able to visit since they returned. So they got to hang out for a few minutes.
Last night we went to Good Friday service. I had the most precious conversation in the car with the kids. Ted left hours early to get ready for service. All of the kids were going to be in service because they didn't have child care. I told them on the way that I really wanted them to pay attention to the message because Jesus did an amazing thing for us on Good Friday. Avery turns around to Aidan and Addie and says "Yea Guys, you really need to pay attention because Jesus made the biggest sacrifice you could ever make for us by dying on the cross. If we didn't have him, we'd have to be perfect".
HOW IT WARMED MY HEART to hear her telling her brother and sister the gospel. That Jesus died for our sins. When we got to church she wanted to go to communion. This was her first time. She prayed and asked Jesus into her life about a year or so ago (maybe longer) and was baptised last August. So we went up to communion together. I explained to her what the cracker and juice represented and then her and I knelt down and prayed together. What a precious moment.
Thank you Charlotte and Helen for helping me with the kids! Charlotte held a sleeping Abel the whole service and Helen held Addie for a while so I could take Avery to communion. IT TRULY TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE SOME KIDS!!!
Here is a picture of the pictures on our wall. I was so happy to add baby Abel's picture to the collection today.
8 comments:
Yeah!! I was hoping for an update on sweet little Abel. I'm so happy to hear that he's been feeling better.
Have a wonderful Easter.
Love, Suzi
I'm so glad Abel's feeling better! What a precious moment for you and your daughter during communion. I love that you and your husband do such an amazing job of teaching your children about Christ and his love for us!
Kristin
I am so glad to hear that little Abel is doing better, poor little guy...tell him to send Pacey some positive mending vibes, I took her in to see the doctor today and she tested positive for the flu:-(
That picture of Abel is adorABEL! I think I have adopted that spelling for him alone! Ha-ha! Got your comment, must confess...Reid took the cool picture -not me! Yes, I'd love time together soon too! Looks like we will be passing each other at TC next year! Bummer! anyway, loved the kid's conversation - thanks for sharing it! Kids really get it - it's so nice to hear it on my level - so glad I don't "have" to be perfect! Thanks for the theology lesson!
What a wonderful post to read! You praying and having communion with your daughter brought tears to my eyes. What a special evening, and what a special time for it to happen (Good Friday). Praise God for parents like you guys.
I love talking to our children about the Lord.
Also praise God Abel is doing better.
Happy Easter,
Michelle
Happy Easter sweet friend!
Love the conversation with the kids, precious when they begin to grasp the truth of the gospel.
Tracie,
I'm just catching up from being with family all weekend. So much is going on in your life. As I was reading about Abel being sick I was just feeling so thankful that he is home and you are getting him the medical care he needs. It is scary to think about him getting so sick while he was in ETH. I'll pray that you get answers this week!
What a beautiful weekend you had with your children. What a beautiful time in Avery's life!
Dee Dee
Oh, I'm glad he's feeling better! We've been under the weather with fevers, and body aches, and snot, too, which is just NO FUN with babies.
How fun to hang Abel's photo on family wall!
Post a Comment