Sunday, March 23, 2008

He is RISEN!

Today we went to service at church. It was a special service because it was about OUR PRECIOUS SAVIOR and how HE ROSE!! Also our precious baby boy was dedicated to the Lord today. We had baby dedications today at church. Three families dedicated babies today.




Here are the other families that dedicated. The Gleason's precious Ava was right next to us. And Abel's buddy, Jet was the baby on the end. I took a picture of Abel with his buddy Jet at the Easter luncheon. Jet is one of Abel's adoption buddies :-) Here is a picture of them (below).





Here is Avery and her buddy Tori.



Of course, when you have an empty Easter basket what do you do? PUT IT ON YOUR HEAD.

Every year for the past 4 years, we have had an Easter luncheon with our church family. It is such a great time. It's the one time of year we ALL eat together.

Here are the kids waiting to go out to hunt some Easter eggs!




My friend, Robin took this picture of our family. I went outside to take picture of the kids running to find the Easter eggs and MY BATTERIES DIED IN MY CAMERA. Not good!!


This was so funny... Robin and I were having our picture taken and Drais jumped into the picture but we had no idea... HOW FUNNY!

8 comments:

Bloggin' Robin said...

I CAN NOT BELIEVE I MISSED ABEL'S DEDICATION!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE DOING THAT TODAY!! I AM SO BUMMED!! (YES, I MEANT FOR THIS TO BE IN ALL CAPS B/C I'M VERY, VERY, VERY....SOMETHING!!!!!! I wish I had been in there sweet friend! We were in the 2nd-3rd grade class!! I hope it was beautiful!! How fitting ot dedicate him on Easter! Beautiful!

Jana Griffin said...

I thought of you all today, and I was so sad to know that we were missing the Easter luncheon. I can't believe that we were not apart of FBCK's awesome celebration. I missed our Tennessee family so much today. I'm so happy to see that you dedicated Abel on such a precious day as Easter.

emily said...

I wish I had been there too!! I love the new family pic!

Michael and Michelle said...

How special to be dedicated on Easter Sunday! I love baby dedications!
Your family looked beautiful.
Michelle

Laurzie said...

What a fantastic day to be dedicated to Jesus! I love the family shot. Beautiful!

The Gresham Clan said...

That is wonderful - I love baby dedications! Sounds like Easter was so fun for you all!

Thanks for your encouraging words - Yes, the other family is w/ AGCI. They are picking up their two children ages 4- boy and 10 months - girl. They should be getting back tomorrow and I'm so excited!!!

Kristin

Melinda said...

It's so wonderful to see baby's dedicated to the Lord! Your family is beautiful! I have enjoyed following your adoption journey. I have been a blog stalker of yours from the begining. I am finally commenting on everyone's blogs I have enjoyed reading now that I have my own. I do have to say that Abel is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! He definitly makes me rethink adopting a baby again. We were planning to go with an older child, but we will see!
Melinda

nell ann said...

Thanks for checking in on me. I really appreciate everyone's support. Things are looking up!