....DON'T GET ADDIE DOWN.
She was sitting on the kitchen counter looking out the window and said "it is such a beautiful day outside"... haha... It is a YUCKY day! I am thankful for the rain but sunshine always does me good!
In other news... MY BLOG BOOK CAME IN. I am so excited about it. It's a 7 x 7 book and it has all of Abel's story in it (from our adoption blog). I did it through blurb.com. I just ordered two more books from our family blog (this blog). I have been blogging for 2 1/2 years so I have lots to bring into book form. It is so fun though. I am glad my husband is computer savvy because he got me started. I must say though... it really is user friendly. The next books I ordered are going to be 8 x 10 in size. It really is a GOOD DEAL because the total (for the 7 x 7 book) was about $35 (with shipping) for a 120 page book. Which you could not do if you scrapbooked it. The book is kind of small but I still love it. I just thought for my next book, I would try the 8 x 10 (which is just a little more in price). They also have a 12 x 12 book... seemed kind of big but maybe not. I'll take pictures of the 8 x 10 books when they come in.
The front cover. Ted chose the title because Abel's Ethiopian name means HOPE. His name is Tesfaye. So the title of my first book is "Hope's Journey". I am an author... how crazy is that... (haha! - Ted and I were cracking up when we were doing "about the author"... which actually doesn't print in a soft cover book. So we did it for kicks because it's not in the book.
(A peek inside our blog book)
10 comments:
Wow! That is awesome! I can't wait to get mine (I mean my child, so I can get my blog book!). He, he, he!
Tracie,
That is so cool. I plan on doing a blurb book when we are all done....I've been planning on ending my blog career once we are home from ETH, but it might be hard letting go. It is such a great, easy way to keep a record of everyday happenings! We shall see..I might be hooked forever.
Love the book and the title!!
Dee Dee
Thanks for sharing. I never even knew "blog books" existed... so much nicer than just printing the pages and hole-punching them for a 3 ring binder (my original plan I'm embarrassed to say!)
I love the book and the idea. Thanks for sharing.
Happy late B-day. What a great party you had. I have not had a birthday party like that since I was a kid.
Your book looks great. I have to get my act together and post.
cna't wait to flip through it in person!!
That is so great!! I didn't know such a thing existed. I guess I will have to do a bit better at journaling and use my blog for family picture books. Love reading about your wonderful family. You inspire me!!
How cool is that!!!! I can't wait to make one for our family. It looks great.
By the way we can't let Dee Dee quit her blogging!! We have to stop her!
Michelle
That book is so cool! How do you do it??
Would you mind giving me a clue?
aimeeneal@gmail.com
I love the book. What a great idea. So much cheeper than all of the scrapbook suplies.
Now I tust need to start posting more. :-)
Post a Comment