Monday, May 12, 2008

Let the pictures do the talking...

I am gonna put a lot of pictures on this entry but I will add some words too... so you won't be confused :-)

Takin' a bath. Too cute... had to share!



I came home the morning of my birthday (from meeting my friend, Becky Crenshaw at Panera) and my yard had been forked. It was fun to see :-) Thanks Patti and Robin for the forking :-)








My birthday was Friday. 33 is a good number :-) right??? I got a digital picture frame as a gift.



Robin came by and gave me this amazing T.. she put pictures from this past year of how the Lord grew our family. She is BEYOND creative.





GUILTY! One of my forker friends.




Broke my toe on my birthday :-) haha! Had to add that to the blog!






This is my mentor/spritual mom... Debbye. Love her!





Little cake and ice cream at the park :-)








Me and my Ted






My friend, Emily made this cake... SHE CAN BAKE A CAKE!



We left the park and headed home... right as we were leaving... it started to rain... Then storm. We got home and the power was out. Only way into our house.. garage door opener. Which the garage door won't open when the electricity is out. WE WERE LOCKED OUT. We don't have a key to our house. (long story). So after spending two hours at Charlotte's (the White house), we made a decision. We broke into our house. Yes, you heard me right.. broke a window to get in. The lights came back on 10 minutes later!

The kids thought it was the coolest thing that we broke into our house. What an adventure!


Here is a picture of the kids with Kristin and her boyfriend Justin (who baby sat for us the next night... THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!)







On Saturday, we had our first Ethiopia East TN picnic. It was so fun to see everyone and to meet some new faces! What a sweet time!

This is my friend, Julie... Who the Lord brought into my life through the adoption of our two babies... Maya and Abel were at Hannah's Hope together in Ethiopia. It is amazing that a year a go we didn't even know one another and now... we will always have Ethiopia (haha).
Hey Stacy H... if you are reading this... YOU NEED A BLOG! Stacy is my friend who INSPIRED us and had a HUGE impact on our family (her and her husband Tom). They were the first family to adopt from All God's Children International in ETHIOPIA! Their daughter, Liyah, is BEAUTIFUL!

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday! Your cake was super cute!

No story for the broken toe? No?

Robin said...

Tracie,
Abel is so cute!! He is growing so fast, too! Happy Birthday! 33 was a great age for me...albeit a distant memory!LOL!
I can truly relate to your darling daughter writing her own songs. My 9 year old does the same thing:) How sweet it is!
Robin

The Redman's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACIE!!!!! Looks like you had a super fun day! I love all the pics... so cute! And the forking-- too funny.

Love, Suzi

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday Tracie!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tracie. I am sure this is going to be a great year for you.

Bloggin' Robin said...

T- Love the BLOG - loved forking your yard too!! YOU are such a precious friend...but I can't beleive you posted my pic with that very outdated shirt!! Embarassing! Hey, I was wondering...how did you get a pedicure with a broken toe...that HAD to hurt!! Love you - Robin

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! How can 33 be any better than 32?? :)

What in the world happened to your toe??? I broke mine once a long time ago, but boy did it hurt!!

I have never heard of "forking"... but I think it will be in some of my friends future! :)

miss ya!

Anne said...

Happy Belated Birthday! (I also turned 33 about 6 weeks ago--and I agree, it IS a good age!) My daughter, Reese, likes that she is 3 and I am 3,3! :) I don't know if you remember, but you & I spoke (via email/blog...) MONTHS ago before you got Abel and then I like fell off the face of the earth for a while. But, I have been keeping up w/ blogs here and there (including your fam) and I am finally starting to update mine again. Anyways- I don't know if you remember but we had talked about our common experience of losing our parents and how tough that is. I meant to comment on this earlier (like months ago), but I think that it is amazing the Abel's birthday ended up being on the day that your mom passed away! WOW. That is amazing how God can take what was once a tough day and turn it into a day of celebration!

Well, your family is beautiful and Abel is a doll! I love the pic of him bathing in the sink. I miss being able to put my kids in the sink for baths! :)

Take Care...hope to talk again soon.

Anne
(+ Mike, Reese, & Lilly)

C said...

Happy late birthday!!! Oh and I love the picture on Julie's blog of you 2 and Abel and Maya....those are the most adorable kids...and you know you and julie are going to have the most adorable "grandbabies" I know its to early for that but just look at those to I see weeding bells in their future oh in 25 years!!!! :)