Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Stuff those Stockings!


It's a festive day here today. We made a birthday cake for Jesus :-) It was Avery's idea that she got from Church. I was glad to help her out on this one (even though I didn't even know if I had a mixer.... that tells you how much I bake). We made a swirl cake. We'll see if it's good. We are gonna share our Birthday cake with our Life Group tonight that is coming over.
I was so excited about my mantel. We finally got stockings... we've had random ones but we picked up some cute ones (here and there) and assigned them to each family member. ABEL EVEN GOT ONE :-) Even though we don't even know who he is yet... we are giving him a stocking this year because we know he'll be home before NEXT Christmas.
I have been eyeing these stocking hangers for a few years now at Target and this year, I finally broke down and got some. It took me forever to figure out which words and how it would work with 6 people (because we will be growing soon). Just wanted to share. I was so excited to get this put up last night. SO FUN and festive. Next thing to decorate... the outside of our house.

2 comments:

Marsha Loftis said...

It's a lovely mantel. I love the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Looks great!! i am going to try and talk "Jorge the Christmas Elf" into putting up our tree tonight because if it is left up to me... won't happen. All we have up is our stockings with the price tags still hanging on em'.

Sad isn't it?