Monday, December 31, 2007

NOT A SUSHI FAN...

I am so sorry to those of you who love Sushi but it is NOT FOR ME. After Ted's family get together we decided to make our way to Melissa and Chris' house one more time to hang out. We wanted to down load a few TV shows onto my new IPOD and while we were downloading onto ITUNES.... we decided... let's get some dinner. So Melissa and Chris wanted us to try our first ever Sushi. THEY LOVE SUSHI. So, we said SURE!

Melissa ... knowing the blogger that I am said "Let's go eat Sushi and you can blog about." She knows how to get me to eat RAW FISH. Just kidding... we ate the cooked stuff but it all taste like SUSHI to me.

TOKYO... this is where we went in Beaumont, Tx



Is this what we are suppose to do with these sticks? I think I smell raw fish.

Ain't they cute? Meet Melissa and Chris.


TNT... waiting on that Sushi.

I asked, "What about the kids?" to Melissa and her and Chris said "Oh, our kids LOVE sushi"... and the Ancelet kids.... NO WAY. They took one bite and were gagging.


This kid is STINKIN' CUTE! Zane had me at HELLO... well, he doesn't say hello but you get my point.






First taste.... So what do you think??


I had the California roll, the Crunch roll and the Hawaiian roll... and they all got the same rating. But the best of the 3 was the Crunch roll. Wouldn't you know it would take Sushi to be fried for me to like it.

6 comments:

emily said...

One more thing we have in common! We have had several friends determined to win us over to the sushi side-- it just isn't going to happen! I can't stand the stuff- even the rolls. At least you were a good sport and it gave you a funny post!

Happy New Year (officially) friend:)

Bloggin' Robin said...

thumbs down for Sushi as well except the CA Roll - I do think it's pretty good!! We saw the Cards last night - love that family! Can't wait to get together soon! Oh, by the way, I've been looking at pics from the holidays - I DO look so much better with freshly plucked eyebrows! Thank you friend!

The McBs said...

You are too funny! CA rolls rock...if you are made to eat seaweed!
Happy New Year and thanks for the comment...

Anonymous said...

I am impressed that you even tried it!!! I can't get near the stuff... which is unfortunate because jorge LOVES sushi.

I am soo glad to be back.

missed ya!

Ted Ancelet said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY...GOT YOU ON MY MIND!!!

It has been an AMAZING 12 years. Thank you for sharing your life with me and I am blessed to walk through life with someone as wonderful and fun as you..I LOVE YOU!!!

:-)
mE

Susan Griffith said...

I realize I'm commenting on a post from a while back, but it got my attention. Hello btw, I'm enjoying your blog and the pics of all the kiddos. Can't believe Avery is so grown up! well all of them really. starting to feel a little old right now... anyhoo, back on topic. I Don't like Sushi, TJ LOVES it. AND OMG!! I remember Chris and Melissa!! tell me he still has the bubba teeth?!?! that is one funny guy right there! okay, so this is becoming more of a letter than a comment... PS. I agree with what you said somewhere about American Idol! just not into it anymore.