We stayed the night with Ted's parents (see post below) and then headed to Texas (about a two hour trip) to see Ted's sisters. We had a great time at Nanny Beck and Uncle Tommy's house. Nanny Gwen lives two doors down so being at Becky and Tommy's is like being at Gwen's too. Which is great!
The first night we were there we had a great dinner (Italian). Then I went to visit with my best friend, Melissa. We've been friends since Junior High. So... we figured it's been 20 years that we've been friends. WE ARE OLD. I visited with her and her husband Chris and got to see their three beautiful children.. Chloe, Zoe and Zane.
The next day Ted and I got the day OFF! The kids spent the day with their Nanny Beck and Nanny Gwen. They went to the dollar store, to McDonalds, and bowling. How much fun in one day. THEN, they came back and had fried chicken and watched Shrek 3.
Ted and I got to hang out all day. We had lunch with Chris and Melissa (all of our kids were not with us... so it was like a double date). We ate at Chili's. Then Ted and I went to the mall (where we met... haha... it really is where we met. We met at Central Mall. We both worked there in 1992.) That evening we ate dinner with a precious couple... Newly and Carrie Hunt. I met Carrie in college but then we started talking through e-mail because we had something in common... both Carrie and I are the same age and both lost our parents in our 20's. We have just kept up through this bond that brought us together. It was so fun to be with her and her husband. After dinner, we went back to Tommy and Becky's and watched a movie with the kids.
On Saturday we had a family get together. Lots of Ted's extended relatives came over for lunch. We had a Mexican themed lunch for Christmas. GOOD FOOD! It was so good to see everyone. Some people we had not seen in many many years!
Beloved Nanny Beck.
Bowling with Nanny Beck.
Nanny Gwen won the game and Avery came in second.
Aidan at the bowling alley.
This bowling alley is connected to the BINGO HALL (it's closed now) that I worked at my Jr and Senior year of high school. It was my first job and it's funny because I sometimes have dreams that I am working there again. NIGHTMARES! just kidding... it was a great job.
My precious friend of 20 years.... MELISSA!
Chris... Melissa's husband with two of her three kids... Zoe and Zane.






No comments:
Post a Comment