Savanna Horne just got her ears double pierced. Avery looks up to the Horne girls so much and about a week ago she said "Mom, I want to get my ears pierced but I am scared it's gonna hurt". I thought maybe she was inspired by Savanna's new earrings :-)
I asked her about 6 months ago if she'd like to get them pierced. She said "No way!".
After she told me that this past week, I shared it with Savanna this past Wednesday at youth group. Savanna talked to Avery and encouraged her that the pain wasn't that bad. Especially because they could get some numbing cream for her ears.
Rick James :-0Abel or Rick James... Not Sure! ???
Just had to add this cute picture!
The Horne Girls!
Even Aunt Charli showed up! She came right as they were about to put the earrings in! Then afterwards, Charlotte took Avery to pick out some earrings at Claires for when her six weeks (that how long she has to leave these earrings in) is up.
So there you have it (Tricia, you were right!)... our adventures in EAR PIERCING!
11 comments:
I love that you made it a special day for the whole family!
She didn't even flinch...she's tough!!
Looks great!
Michelle
I don't think she'll forget this day - how sweet that everyone was there for her!
And, Rick James - too funny!
That is wonderful! What a big girl! Made me excited about the day we get to take our daughter to get her ears pierced (imagine that...my mind is in "adoptionland" as Nathan calls it).
You are such a good momma - taking all these pictures!! I feel like I got to share in a very important event :) The Rick James is my favorite picture, by far!
Way to go sweet Avery!! Looks like you all had such a fun day!! We are so proud of you & love your cute new earrings!!
You have such a sweet family! I love all of the pictures!
that pic of abel with the hair is hilarious! And I cannot they pierced both sides at once! Yikes!
Wow - I can't wait to get a "good look" at big girl Avery. (I was going to type "little Avery" but somehow it didn't seem appropriate now that her ears are pierced! Another thing I probably won't experience b/c God had blessed us with four boys - and no girls. If I ever experience this with any of my boys - I hope you will meet me at the hospital. An ear-piercing in our house would send Reid into caridac arrest!! Love ya!
I will always remember the day I got my ears pierced. It is a big deal. She looks great!
Fun family event. . .
Darcy McMurray
McMurraymania.blogspot.com
Very cute - I almost cried just thinking about the pain!
How did I miss this post? So proud of Miss Avery. Way to go.
Post a Comment