Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lots to share

Since blogger is basically my "virtual scrapbook" I have several entries...



First of all, I did some prom up-dos this weekend. We are taking a trip to Disney - YES, you heard me right! We are going with a home school group and got AMAZING prices. Plus, with the economy stimulus (thank you IRS) we have coming in May, we decided to go for it! We are going in September so I am saving for gas money. I decided to post on a local home school board that I am doing up-dos for prom and I got 3 "customers" this past weekend. HOW FUN!


Here's the up-dos






This past Friday, we shared about Ethiopia with our church homeschool group. The most precious thing was how involved Avery was with this report. Her and her daddy got it ready and then her and I presented it to our friends. She did such a great job. She made a flag. We both wore our Ethiopian clothes. We passed out coffee to friends. We shared about this beautiful country where Abel is from and what trials they have been through as a people. It was an honor to share.















Ok... I have to share this Addie story. Here is a conversation I had with her recently. If you know her, you will be able to hear her little voice saying this.

Mom: Addie, what is God's name?

Addie: Jesus

Mom: What happened to Jesus?

Addie: He got dead

Mom: How did he "got dead"

Addie: the cross

Mom: Why did he die on the cross?

Addie: Cause those mean people chased him there.

Mom: And what happened after three days?

Addie: He just come alive again



How sweet is that? We had this conversation a few weeks ago... closer to Easter. I was telling a friend recently about it and she said "You need to put that on your blog."






12 comments:

Our Mission: said...

You are a woman of many tallents! Maybe you can see what you can do with my mop head! mitzi

B7 said...

DISNEY!!! YEAH!!! SO excited for you all! You've got the gift girl -- the hairdos look beautiful!! And I LOVE all the pics with your new camera!!

emily said...

You have mad skills with hair, seriously. Who knew?

Disney? It doesn't get much better for kids your kids ages. That is really fun!! :) What a blessing.

Sweet Addie!! Hope to connect later today, Moody has the day off but I think is headed to the office later.

Michelle Riggs said...

How wonderful that you and your daughter were able to talk to a homeschool group about Ethiopia. They are about the age that I was when I first thought about adopting. Who knows what seeds you are planting in ther young hearts.

Bloggin' Robin said...

Love it!! You did a great job teaching!!

Nicholas said...

Oh what up-do's you do!! Fantastic!

The kid's are precious with their knowledge and interest with Ethiopia and Jesus! What sweet souls..

Outdrsycple said...

Wow, I hadn't checked you blog latetly, but Abel looks so good. He looks like he is really filling out and gaining some weight. He is so beautiful.

Laurzie said...

LOL, I love the conversation! How precious! And, WOW, those up-do's are just gorgeous!!! What a great way to save up for Disney... land I assume? You'll be right around the corner from us. :)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

ok your talents keep coming ... love the up dos ... and Disney !!! I am so jealous ... i hope you have a blast and take tons of pictures ...

Amber said...

This is my first time on your blog. What a gorgeous family you have.

Kristi J said...

I just wanted to let you know that I listed you on my blog as one of my favorites I enjoy reading. I believe I emailed you a couple of months ago enquiring about adoption. We've started the process now. We're vere excited about and have started a blog too.
www.weloveourlucy.blogspot.com
Thanks for sharing your story and inspiring others to adopt from Ethiopia. I just hope I can do the same, Kristi JOhnson

Unknown said...

Abel is adorable. I am touching base w/ families in Tn. We live in Brentwood and are adopting a 3 yr old from Ethiopia. Hoping to bring him home by July and beat the rainy season. I am also a photographer. Your pics are great. Isn't it fun?
Kelly