

We started school today (home school). It went really well. Avery put forth much effort. I was so proud of her. We started our day with the calendar. Which we will do every day after our devotion time. We will talk about the date, the weather, etc. Then we moved into phonics. We did reading after that. Then we did math. We need to take a trip to the library so that we can start our Five in a Row curriculum. We will be incorporating Science and Social Studies along with Art and Language in that curriculum. I am real excited about it. Today was a GREAT start to our year.
We made a WORD WORM (thanks Kristy for this great idea). Avery's worm is named Sarah. We went through all the site words she knew and added several of them to the worm today. She knows several more but as I see words she knows, we will add them to the worm. She's excited to see if the worm will grow all around the basement. I am too :-)
What a great first day! Many more to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment