










The walk was this past Saturday and it was a great time. We didn't get to walk (again this year) because of the weather. I think they aren't aware that April SHOWERS bring May flowers - haha. It rains a lot in April here. They held all the activities in doors and it was a lot of fun. They had the UT Pep band there. So, we got to sing ROCKY TOP! There was also another band playing music. Philip Fulmer was the guest of honor. He is the UT head football coach and is kind of a big deal here in Knoxville. (I had my picture taken with him and he signed my shirt). It was so sweet and honoring to be with friends as we all pinned my momma's name on the back of our shirts. We walked around the gym (for the walk) and then ate all the food that they have there. My kid's love this event and it really is a joyful time. It does not stir sad emotions in me (my sweet friends kept asking me if it made me sad).... I LOVE THE WALK. It is really a fun thing for me to be a part of. Thanks to all of the people who came out to support us and the CAUSE! I raised over $400 dollars this year and I was so excited to take part in this wonderful walk for the cure! What a great day!!! Thanks to MELISSA AND CHRIS for driving SO FAR to be a part of this day. YOU GUYS ROCK!
1 comment:
Wow! What a blessing have such a special day in your life to still honor your Mom! Seeing all of the people you had there to support you made my eyes a little wet - you know me and tears! How many lives are blessed by YOU - Tracie Ancelet! I am thankful God has allowed my life to be one of them!
Post a Comment