




We love you....
After 4 GREAT years of friendship... our friends, the Blockers are moving back to Texas. Chris finished his PHD at UT (way to go CHRIS!) and they are BAYLOR bound. Watch out WACO!
We had a going away party for the Blockers last week. We had a brown bag dinner and then made Ice Cream Sundaes. It was a really fun time.
They moved here in July of 2003 just 2 months before we moved here. They have been at Fellowship Bible Church since the very first meeting. We have had some really sweet memories with the Blockers. Amanda is one of the most thoughtful people I have ever known. She is encouraging, compassionate and she loves well! The last year and a half Amanda and I have prayed together and met together along with another precious friend, Becky Mazon (weekly). I will miss those times... laughing together, crying together, trusting the Lord for each other... a precious time.
When Amanda and Chris moved here she was just pregnant with Rebekah, who is one of Addie's dearest friends. They already had Ryan (who is one of Aidan's dearest friends - he's 5) and they have Jacob who will be 2 this summer... who is the thickest, cutest, little boy I've ever seen. And Chris and Amanda also had sweet baby Aurea, whom they lost in the womb. Aurea was Chris and Amanda's baby girl that left for heaven before even making earth her home. There was a lot of life lived in the 4 short years that they were here and they will forever be in our hearts. I am so thankful to call her friend.
I love you Amanda Kaye Slaughter Blocker ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment