Last night Ted and I went to the Chris Tomlin/Louie Gigglio concert. It was such a good time. I was reminded HOW BIG OUR GOD IS. That seems like such a simple statement but I was BLOWN AWAY by how BIG He is. Louie did this talk where he talked about the miracle of life in the human body and the HUGENESS of the stars and creation..... as I type this I wish I could recapture his talk... but I can't. But what I can share is something I experienced at the concert last night.
This is a "view" into my heart.
As Chris Tomlin sang this song... "How can I keep from singing". I really felt the words. I wrote about my mom in a recent e-mail and on my family blog. She died 4 years ago and in a few weeks I will be walking in her memory in the "Memory Walk" for Alzheimers. Even though such hardship came with her illness (first with Alzheimer's and then with cancer), I get so much JOY in walking in her honor. I can't explain it. Last year when I was walking up to the memory walk a joy came over me that confused me honestly... how could I feel such joy when something so sad happened and then I remember - HE BRINGS BEAUTY FROM ASHES... He GIVES A GARMENT OF PRAISE INSTEAD OF A SPIRIT OF DESPAIR (Isaiah 61:3)... Only God could put a song in my mouth and a joy in my heart over this. When I heard this song last night I thought... that captures it completely...
See, it's an ETERNAL view that he gave me in that moment of JOY (1 Thes 4:13). It's an ETERNAL view that brings the beauty and the garment of praise. If I were stuck in this temporal world and it was all that I had, I would not experience joy or have a SONG to sing! BUT HOW CAN I KEEP FROM SINGING YOUR PRAISE... HOW CAN I EVER SAY ENOUGH... HOW AMAZING IS YOUR LOVE!
here are the lyrics...
-------
There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring
And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling
How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing
I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives
And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give
I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tracie-
Thanks for sharing the song with me. I recently found the CD and have listened to it several times!! Your BLOG is so fun to read & I celebrate with you just HOW GREAT OUR GOD IS!!
Post a Comment