
So my friend Robin called today and said "hey, they are giving away free Dollywood tickets at this McDonalds that just opened right next to my house at lunch time today." She had me at the word FREE. We loaded up the car and headed to KARNS! Sure enough, we got 4 tickets to Dollywood. We have to go on Labor Day but that is fine with us! We are grateful! The Beebes will be coming with us (that's my friend, Robin's family). The cool thing is Addie gets in for free. So the ticket they gave her, Ted can use. He wasn't able to go with us to get the free tickets... he was working.
I am so excited! We are gonna try out Splash Country this week. Ted is taking his vacation time. We are gonna spend time around the house but we are gonna treat the kids to SPLASH COUNTRY (it's Dollywood's water park). My dad would just be tickled pink to know that I am going to Dollywood. He was a fan of Ms. Parton. :-) WHO KNEW she had a theme park (well, everyone in TN does but we didn't know that living in Texas).
3 comments:
Tracie in honor of your Dad I will sing you the duet she sang with Kenny Rogers, "And I-e-I will-el always luh-ov you...Whoa...will-el always luh-ov you!" Hee-hee. Seriously, can't wait to spend the day together. I don't do the roller coasters, do you? anyway, see you in the morning - it's tooooo late! love ya!
hey, I need another blogging lesson. how did you get the Dollywood icon on your BLOG? You rock. I am only trying to learn from the best of the best! Oh, and, a sweet friend of mine said I needed to have my eyebrows done again soon. :) Hee-hee!
I have known Tracie for a long time. We went to high school together and I knew her mom. My mom also worked with her mom for years. Mary Kay was very supportive of Tracie's dad and was a very hard worker. She taught Tracie early on that money doesn't grow on trees and it is a less that most parents don't teach their kids these days. She was very supportive of Tracie in cheerleading all 4 years of High School and that can be an expensive sport (and yes it is a sport :-)). Mary Kay was always at the football games giving her support to all of us. I think she taught Tracie life lessons that you can't get in any school. She made a lot of sacrafices so that Tracie could have the best she could afford. I remember spending the night and like any mom she would want to talk to see what was going on. You know how it is in high school....parents are not cool...but she didn't stop trying. Being older and looking back it is a great thing that her mom wanted to be so involved. I know she was a great friend to Tracie. As a friend, I know Tracie is who she is today because of her mom. Thank you Mary Kay for making Tracie into the women, wife, & friend she is today to all the people she comes in contact with.
Post a Comment