Saturday, October 07, 2006

CHEESE FARM... HERE WE COME!





We took the kids on another field trip. This time we went to the cheese farm in Sweet Water, TN. It was an incredible day!!! The weather was beautiful!!! We went with several other families and learned how they make cheese. I HAD NO IDEA... I really still don't know because I had to take care of Addie the whole time and really couldn't hear what the lady was saying. I know that it has something to do with milk and that cheese sits sometimes for MONTHS before it is packaged and sold. Sharp sits longer than mild... I did hear that. We got to sample cheese and the kids thought that was great! I did too. We had a picnic lunch afterward with our friends and then headed back to Knoxville. It was only about a 30 minute drive. I must say the cows were kind of cute but they STUNK! :-) It was funny to see all the kids holding their noses. The lady said they get 8 gallons of milk out of each of their milking cows a day.... THAT IS A LOT OF MILK!

No comments: