Wednesday, April 12, 2006

MEMORY WALK




CHECK OUT ALL THE PICTURES FROM THIS DAY IN MY PHOTOS (to your right) - click and look at the ones under Memory Walk

Click on picture to see it better

I wanted to share a few pictures with you from the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk that took place this past Saturday. It was an incredible day for me. I expected to feel such sad emotion as I was there but I had such JOY. Seeing my friends there with my mom's name on their back (we wore papers on our back that said "I am walking in honor of MARY KAY GUIDRY". It was overwhelming to me to see all of my friends there supporting me and them not even knowing her. It was such a special day...

We did NOT even get to walk... it was rained out. We had some HORRIBLE storms in TN this past week and the trail was flooded. They had all of the ceremonies in the gym of a church and it was really neat. They had a live band, all the food you could imagine (so instead of walking, we ate!), they had raffle drawings, they had LOTS of crafts for the kids... it was a lot of fun. There were so many people there (even though it was raining). I saw so many different people with names of people affected by this disease on their backs and wondered what their stories were. It was just a special day.... I found myself so very thankful and could imagine the smile on my mom's face. Ted made me the sweetest t-shirt that had her picture on it and said "Memories fade... but we will never forget. Mary Kay Guidry 11-5-2002
We did walk around the gym (which moved at a very slow pace with all the people) It was a neat sight to see... even though we couldn't be outside.
Do you know as soon as we left, the sun came out - SO VERY BRIGHT and it was a gorgeous day. I wasn't disappointed though about not walking. It was just as it was suppose to be and that was fine with me.

I met a girl that works at the Alzheimer's Association at the end of the day and after sharing my story with her, she asked me to consider being on the board. They meet once a month and plan activities to help the cause... we'll see. I got her number and name and plan on praying about it.

No comments: